-video interviews-
Interviews:
Questions:
- What is a story about a dating experience you’ve had at BYU?
- What is a story about friends and/or roommates you’ve had at BYU?
- How was your relationship reality different than the expectations you had coming to BYU?
- If you could give your past self one form of advice about relationships at BYU (friends, roommates, romantic), what would it be?
Interviewee 1:
Melanie Berriman is a junior at BYU studying acting. She is currently engaged.
“Everyone always has fun stories about random people asking them out.”
“It was super uncomfortable.”
“At that point I just wanted to leave.”
“His hugs were always really awkward; it felt like he was like trying to memorize every bump of my body.”
“Well the fianceé’s definitely subpar…”
“I was underwhelmed by the dating life before like I started dating Jens…maybe it was because I wasn’t flirty enough. Or because I don’t believe in online dating.”
Interviewee 2:
Hannah Murdock is a junior at BYU studying English. She is currently in a non-serious long distance relationship.
“Freshman year I went on one date with this guy named Tim and then for some reason we are Facebook friends so I’ve seen like his relationship like his life progress so, and I think yesterday he just had a baby….good for Tim, I’ve made no progress in life.”
“My roommates are my friends, and both years I’ve gotten really lucky.”
“It’s an easy way to make friends because they’re forced to live with you.”
“Sometimes you have to work at it.”
“I don’t think I had any like, I don’t know, really formed expectations before I came to BYU; I had just heard all the jokes and like warnings not to get married really fast.”
“I don’t think the thought ever crossed my mind that I would like actually, I don’t know, that I would make really good friends, you know?”
“Be open to relationships you wouldn’t have thought you would have… or what you are normally used to.”
“Be open to different possibilities.”
Interviewee 3:
Abby Warner is a junior at BYU studying marketing. She is currently single and has never had a boyfriend.
“This guy that was in my American Heritage class asked me out, and then I kind of avoided it and said I had plans and then he asked me out again and Erin was like, “You have to go.”
“I reluctantly went on the date.”
“I got a lot of crap about it from my friends when I got back.”
“I’ve got lots of stories about roommates.”
“I probably thought I was going to go on more dates than I do.”
“I think I made like amazing friends and I think I went, like, into it expecting to make friends but not as good of friends as I ended up making.”
“You don’t know who you’re gonna end up becoming really good friends with and who’s like going to end up being an amazing person.”
***Note: The videos are on my phone; my phone froze up trying to send them so I'm hoping to figure out a better way to pull them over and post them.
***Note: The videos are on my phone; my phone froze up trying to send them so I'm hoping to figure out a better way to pull them over and post them.

Comments
Post a Comment