-media artifact-
Create a multimedia artifact that fulfills a common educational purpose.
- My name is: Mandarin Wilcox
- My content area/discipline is: Theatre Arts Education
- The grade level I plan to teach is: High School (9-12)
- The typical educational purpose I will address is: Informing students and parents about auditions and urging participation in theatre productions
- My reason for choosing this purpose is: First of all, realistically I will be holding many auditions when I am a high school theatre educator. Learning how to quickly create informative and eye catching posters for auditions and callbacks will be an essential tool. Additionally, by informing a large amount of students, teachers, and parents about theatre events such as this (I plan to both hang the posters around the school and electronically distribute it), I am being an arts advocate. Arts advocacy begins by increasing awareness, pressing the validity and importance of the arts, and encouraging individuals to get involved.
- Select a tool to create the artifact. The tool(s) I will use: Canva - it is a website that helps you easily design and manipulate posters, invitations, bookmarks, etc.
- Select a tool to create the artifact. The tool(s) I will use: Canva - it is a website that helps you easily design and manipulate posters, invitations, bookmarks, etc.
- What have you done to try to evaluate sources for bias and avoid biased portrayals of diverse identities? Why is this important? It is important to ensure we don't isolate or ostracize any students in the work we do, even if that work is a poster. We should strive to ensure that whatever we are doing is an educational and positive opportunity for all involved. Additionally, we want to try our best to not offend others by including biases in order to allow for our arts advocacy to be most effective. There weren't a whole lot of biased portrayals I needed to avoid in an auditions poster; however, I clearly stated ALL students are welcome to audition to avoid students assuming that only experienced students or girls (since it is called "Radium Girls") can audition.


Comments
Post a Comment